Hydrotherapy in Morsbronn-les-Bains
The thermal water of Morsbronn les Bains comes from 2 natural sources discovered in 1904 during drilling, searching for oil , present in the region: the source "Les Cuirassiers" at 38.9 ° C, drawn at 400m depth and the source "Saint Arbogast" at 41.9 ° C drawn at 670 meters.
These two catchments provide the spa with an abundant flow of naturally hot water loaded with sodium chloride, calcium, magnesium and sulfur.
Sedative, analgesic and relaxing, these waters are indicated in the treatment: - chronic and disabling inflammatory rheumatism, - spinal, cervical or lumbar osteoarthritis of the hip or knee - fibromyalgia, - progressive polyarthritis, - sequelae of osteo-articular trauma.
The rheumatology cures offered in Morsbronn les Bains: - 18-day spa treatment under medical supervision (covered by Social Security) - The 18-day Fibromyalgia cure: a program adapted to people with fibromyalgia to be carried out in addition to the agreed cure (program not supported by Social Security) - The thermal week: 4 thermal treatments for 6 days. (not covered by Social Security). Hydrotherapy care provided: Baths with aerobatic bath, bath with immersion shower, local bath (walkway) Local shower (hands and feet), general shower (spinal), jet shower, underwater shower in the pool Thermal pool Mud application.
The thermal season in Morsbronn les Bains goes from March to December.
your spa treatments
Treatment prices and wellness packages
( click on the picture)
Enjoy a moment of relaxation and wellness at the Valvital thermal baths. Wellness, body and beauty care packages, discover the benefits of thermal water. Information and reservations: Thermes de Morsbronn-les-Bains 03.88.09.84.93
Fleckenstein Castle in Lembach
Mentioned for the first time in 1174 when Gottfried de Fleckenstein was part of the entourage of Emperor Frederick Barbarossa in Haguenau, the castle of Fleckenstein housed six centuries during the family of the same name, among the most influential of Basse- Alsace. From the rock to the rudimentary fittings, it has turned into a majestic castle with the reputation of an impregnable eagle's nest, which has earned it the role of model for the "ideal castle" imagined by the Strasbourg architect Daniel Specklin in 1589. Only the armies of Louis XIV succeeded in destroying it in 1689 during the War of the League of Augsburg (or Nine Years' War).
Didiland Amusement park
Over 30 rides and attractions.
For one entry fee, enjoy all the park's attractions for free.
(except games and formula 1)
Come visit the park for the whole family.
The Rural House of the Outer Forest
The Maison Rurale de l'Outre-Forêt is a former farmhouse, now a heritage interpretation center: a living place of discovery of Alsatian heritage and its popular arts and traditions.
The various collections presented, illustrations of rurality in the first half of the 20th century, as well as the activities, workshops and exhibitions that complete the visit to the site, invite young and old to embrace the multiple facets of the regional art of living: since the architecture of the buildings down to the traditions and know-how of our ancestors ...
Le Four à Chaux
Le Four à Chaux was built between 1930 and 1935 by around 800 workers, mainly foreigners.
The structural work was carried out by the General Enterprise of Orléans, while the mechanisms such as the firing turrets or the ventilation system were carried out by specialized companies. The fort takes its name from a lime kiln which was in operation near the fortress until 1939, and which gave its name to the area surrounding the fort.
It also became his civil name, with his wartime code name A4. It is one of the 108 forts of the Maginot Line, spread over 750 km of borders.
It belongs to the Fortified Sector of the Vosges.
The French petroleum museum in Merkwiller-Pechelbronn
Opened on May 9, 1967, the museum is managed by the Association of Friends of the Petroleum Museum and its aim is to preserve the memory of what was for centuries the main activity of all of northern Alsace.
Essentially made up of documents, photos, models, objects and petroleum equipment, the museum traces 500 years of petroleum history in northern Alsace.
From the end of the Middle Ages the peasant knew that the earth was impregnated with an oily substance.
Its extraction dates back to the first half of the 18th century and will last until 1970.
The Turcos trail in Woerth
This circular path pays tribute to the combatants of the 2 camps of the battle of Woerth-Froeschwiller.
Among them, the "Turcos", the sharpshooters from Algeria, then a French colony.
A circuit lined with graves and monuments dedicated to the French and German troops present on August 6, 1870.
The museum of the battle of 06/08/1870,
"Battle of Reichshoffen"
Weapons, uniforms and documents are presented around the painting by Édouard Detaille, evoking the battle of Frœschwiller-Wœrth known as the “Battle of Reichshoffen”.
The museum has a tower from which it is possible to observe the panorama overlooking Wœrth and the battlefield of 1870. The Battle of Frœschwiller-Woerth (or Battle of Reichshoffen) took place on August 6, 1870 in Alsace, at the start of the Franco-Prussian War of 1870. It is famous for a series of charges of French cuirassiers (heavy cavalry). There were two charges: that under the orders of General Michel in Morsbronn around 1.30 p.m. and that of Bonnemains in Elsasshausen (hamlet of Frœschwiller) around 3.30 p.m., both facing the Third Prussian Army which, with his 130,000 men, had a numerical advantage of three to one on top of material superiority.
The sacrifice of these men was completely unnecessary from a military point of view but was widely used by propaganda, in particular for the recovery of Alsace (by Hansi among others). The survivors were lavishly decorated. In 1870, a monument was erected above Morsbronn to the glory of these heroes. We can read on this monument "to the so-called Reichshoffen cuirassiers".
The Treetop Walk Alsace is open
Attractive excursion destination with an all-round offer
In spring 2021, the Treetop Walk Alsace will open its doors in the French town of Drachenbronn. With a walkway length (with tower ramp) of 1,050 meters and a tower height of approx. 29 meters, the wooden construction blends in perfectly with nature. As one of the highest points along the foothills of the Vosges, the observation tower will offer a unique 360° view over the Rhine plain, the Black Forest and the Northern Vosges after its completion. Several learning and adventure stations as well as a slide inside the tower provide excitement and entertainment. In addition, a building with entrance and exit to the treetop walk, a merchandise shop as well as a restaurant with winter garden and terrace area and a free shuttle train that leads from the large parking lot to the entrance area of the treetop walk will be created. The complete all-round offer makes the treetop path an attractive destination for excursions.
Figures / dates / facts
• Total length: 1,050 metres
• Length of the walkway: 625 metres
• Length of the ramp in the tower: 425 metres
• Tower height: 29 metres
• Walkway height: up to 23 metres
• maximum gradient of 6 %
• 75 meter long tunnel slide inside the tower
The "Gods, goddesses and sanctuaries of the Northern Vosges" museum in Langensoultzbach
It is in a former chapel of the Catholic church that many stelae dedicated mainly to Mercury are grouped together, discovered in 1844 during the construction of the village church, probably on the site of a temple dedicated to Mercury.
This exhibition allows you to discover the complexity of the Gallo-Roman religion.
Loewenstein Castle in Wingen
Lœwenstein Castle is located in the town of Wingen and rises to 520 meters above sea level, on the top of the Schlossberg. Built during the reign of Frédéric Barberousse by the Loewensteins, parents of the Fleckensteins.
Passed into the hands of Rudolph of Habsburg in 1276, the castle of Loewenstein will be handed over in 1283 to Otto III of Ochsenstein, nephew of Rudolf.
The castle will be occupied by various families. It will become the mark of brigands, then will be destroyed in 1386 by Jean de Lichtenberg, allied to the Strasbourg people.
The castle has been listed as a historical monument since 1898, and today the remains are thin. The visitor will linger in particular on the imposing summit rock from which the view of the Palatinate and the Sauer valley is splendid.
Hohenbourg castle in Wingen
The Hohenbourg rises to 553 meters above sea level on the top of the Schlossberg, in the municipality of Wingen, near the municipalities of Fleckenstein and Wissembourg.
It was certainly built at the beginning of the 13th century by the Pullers, an old family related to the Fleckensteins made up of imperial ministers, vassals of the Hohenstaufen.
From 1267, they took the name of Puller de Hohenbourg. The castle would have been built following many family divisions between the seigneuries Fleckenstein and Puller. They will frequently disagree over the years following the construction of Hohenbourg. The Hohenbourg is one of the most imposing fortresses of the Northern Vosges. The mixture of medieval and Renaissance architecture is splendid.
The barbican, relatively well preserved, is one of the most beautiful in Alsace. Among the remains: the curtain wall with its bossed blocks, the artillery bastion, the Renaissance gate, the 130-meter deep well ...
The house of the Castles
of the Northern Vosges in Obersteinbach
The Obersteinbach Castle House is located at the start of many hiking trails to the castle ruins in the area.
The exhibition presents photographs of the architectural features of the ruins, maps and a collection of remains displayed on site: cut stones, stove tiles, pottery.
The garden, labyrinth and orchard surrounding the House are open to the public and equipped with benches, thematic panels and an interactive tourist information terminal.
The texts and captions are written in French, German and English.